Computer games and virtual reality have led to the realization of fantasy movie scenarios. A special environment has appeared where users can interact with each other. It’s called the Metaverse, where people meet in virtual reality. It can be treated differently. Some people consider it progress, others pampering.
Such a system may well become an asset and even a place to earn money. Suffice it to recall social networks, about which nothing was known 30 years ago. Today, any self-respecting company has an account or group in social networks. This may eventually become the case with the metaverses. Therefore, business and advanced people have already begun to master them. In such an environment, one can communicate with people, buy a plot in the metaverse, build a house, and take advantage of other benefits.
Just as employers once transferred the work process to instant messengers and social networks, they will transfer it to virtual reality as well. Employees will not need to go to the office every day. It is enough to sit down, put on glasses, a headset and the person is already at work. At the same time, you do not need to paint or pick up a wardrobe. In virtual reality, people will interact using avatars (a virtual copy of a person in the metaverse). The employer does not have to rent a large office, a small room with equipment will suffice.
The idea of virtual reality will affect business sooner or later. Entrepreneurial business owners in many areas of business will move their work into the metaverse. As in reality, they will build their shops and services there. This is additional income. This means that they will need to buy land in the metaverse.
Buying land in the metaverse
Already today, in virtual reality, real estate transactions are being made, the value of which exceeds 500 thousand dollars. Why do people buy such houses, which in reality do not exist?
There are several reasons:
- Business. Already, many investors have chosen to buy real estate in the metaverse. It becomes a profitable investment if people fully move into virtual reality. What prevents you from opening a gallery, a virtual medical center or a design studio and providing paid services? Once this business starts up, land in the metaverse will skyrocket in value.
- Accommodation. People who will be in virtual reality need an apartment or a house. They will also buy them there.
- Investments. The construction of houses, large objects will bring serious income to its investors. Entire virtual worlds will be built here, where millions of avatars will live. Investors can earn in the future by selling real estate and using virtual objects, charging real fees for them. For this reason , real estate in the metaverse acquires real value.
In fact, everything that is connected with real estate in real life will be transferred to the virtual space. There will be the same virtual realtors, sellers, buyers, investors, developers and other persons who are ready to participate in the construction of the virtual world.
Virtual reality erases all boundaries and distances. Unlike social networks, which have already given people the ability to communicate at a distance, the metaverse will provide a real effect of presence. It will be possible to invite relatives and friends who are in another city or in another country to visit their virtual home. You can meet in such an environment quickly and easily, go to an exhibition together or visit a beauty salon.
How to buy property?
To purchase, you will need to register a crypto wallet and replenish it with cryptocurrency. The wallet can be installed as a browser extension for easy payment and registration.
After that, you need to register on the site of one of the metaverses, for example, Teleland.io.
The deal is secured using NFT tokens. They contain a record confirming the buyer’s ownership of the property in a virtual environment.
The risk of buying real estate
As in reality, when buying a site in the metaverse, an investor takes a risk. There are more risks in real life. Here, scammers, unscrupulous sellers or developers are waiting for a person, because of which he can lose all his money. In virtual reality, there is only one risk – that the project will not find global application. But there are several factors that allay such fears:
- The metaverses have already been heavily invested and continue to be invested. One of the founders of such a universe is Mark Zuckerberg, who controls the global social networks Facebook and Instagram.
- Large investors in many countries of the world have already invested in these real estate objects. In different universes there are already hundreds of buyers who have spent large sums. Their number will only grow.
- Primitive analogues of such universes already exist – these are online games. In them, people also buy weapons, soldiers, equipment, houses for real money. There will be a more global project here. And more advanced than regular online games.
Metaverses can be treated differently. Some consider them breakthrough, while others criticize. But virtual objects acquire real value. Already, transactions worth hundreds of thousands of dollars are being made in such environments. When large metropolitan areas, business centers and other large-scale objects appear in virtual reality, the value of real estate there will rise sharply. The demand for such objects will also increase. Understanding this, investors around the world have already begun to invest in the purchase of land for the construction of facilities in the metaverses.